Frequently Asked Questions For Job Seekers 2022 And More Updates and all you needed to know have been made available on this page. And, the period it will take you to secure any of your preferred jobs after graduation is not 100% certain, because there is generally a different factor that will determine how long/soon it will take you to secure a job.
Meanwhile, what matters is getting the right information and obtaining the basic tools (CV, cover letter) that will ease your stress of securing a job. And, It is estimated that:
- Entry-level job searches can take at least three (3) to six (6) months.
Is Searching For A Job Online The Best Option?
The internet has played a major role because the world has expanded, and you can connect to the world through online connectivity. As well as, searching for jobs online is a good strategy.
If you want to search for a job successfully, then, you need to use the internet, which the internet plays a vital role, and is a needed tool in many aspects of today’s job search, including:
- Searching for jobs on job boards
- Networking with people through social media
- Researching potential employers
- Sending in your CV
- Or a cover letter.
How Much Will I Earn In My First Job?
The salary you will earn in your first job will be worked out by a number of factors, such as:
- Your skills
- The experience you have been able to gain
- Your negotiation skills
These days, institutions tend to keep their salary structures personal, and also, having a university degree does not generally guarantee you a high salary. Today, the job market is more on the skill, so the more skills demanded, the more you earn.
Meanwhile, we surveyed employed graduates in Nigeria to determine the:
(a) Average first monthly salary they earn
According to our survey, they report earning:
(b) An average monthly salary of N47,223
Depending on your:
(f) You can earn more than a starting salary.
Do I Need A Good CV To Secure A Job?
Yes, having a résumé will generally help obtain the attention of future employers. And, Résumé provides more information about:
- Your skills
- And give employers a basic idea to know whether you are qualified for an open position.
In addition, this procedure is the best option that will pave the way for your employer to know if you are qualified for the job, and what you can render/give out, when needed.
By creating an articulated and executive resume, in which you will be able to secure yourself a job interview. A resume that will effectively highlight your qualifications, which will help get you an interview. And once you have the interview, your resume can help secure you the job.
How can I Secure a job fast?
When you are searching for a job, it will not land on you easily. But first, you must put yourself out there to get the job, and hopefully fast. I recommend doing the following:
- The first step you have to take is to start searching for jobs early, even when you are in school
- Take up volunteering and internship opportunities to enable you to build your job experience
- Figure out the particular field of work you are good at, to enable you to have a specific job search.
- Write a good CV
- Create a good cover letter
- Prepare well for the interview
- Acquire basic skills that will be needed by your employers
And, It is possible to secure a job fast if you have:
- The required information
- And have acquired the right skills.
Can I Get A Job With No Work Basic Experience?
Employers often look for applicants who are dedicated, vibrant and experienced, and it is possible to secure a job, even without any previous experience. Though, when employers are seeking entry-level job candidates, they often look far away for work experience.
In other words, they look for eagerness, and they look for an employee who has the desire to give out potential values, and If you have little to no work experience, you can, as well, highlight your:
- Educational background
- Or any skills that you have, when searching for an employment opportunity.
What can you offer? An employer may decide to hire you over someone that has years of experience, just because of your skills.
Networking is another engine room and another medium that you can use to get a job, with little experience. Also, networking allows you to meet with people around the world, that can connect you to various opportunities.
Apply for internship/volunteering jobs:
Instead of struggling in applying for regular jobs, with other more experienced candidates, you can, as well, apply for internships/volunteering jobs. And, these jobs don’t require much work experience, rather they can help you to build your resume.
Important Notice: Aspirants, with no experience, should always send:
- Cover letters with their applications.
(a) A cover letter allows aspirants to describe how they feel, and to know whether they are qualified for the position.
What Makes A CV Good?
A good CV is clear, condensed, and tailored to a particular job. And a good CV enables you to stand out from other aspirants, by generally presenting key basic information about your work/experience history in a winsome way.
Also, you can tell your potential employer, that you are the best, by:
- Tailoring your CV to the particular job you are applying for, by using the job description
- You can, as well, write a good personal assertion, that gives your employer basic knowledge about you.
- Also, adding up skills and experiences that are relevant
- You can include your achievements, which is another step to making your CV good
- And, don’t forget to add your educational background and certifications to your CV. And this is because it will enable your employer to know your educational background.
In addition, a good CV entice an employer and might fetch you a job if you have all the required qualification and basic requirements needed by the institution, in case if you have not written a CV before
Do I Need A Good CV To Secure A Job?
Securing a job generally requires more than having a good curriculum vitae (CV). And, employers may be back and forth to hiring someone with a magnificent resume, and other factors such as:
- Networking skills
- And job references
In other words, a resume, also known as a CV, and your resume should highlight your basic skills and experience that make you a workable candidate for the above position you are seeking for.
APPLY Procedure on How to Write an Application Letter for a Hotel Job in Nigeria. This is how the typical job search process works:
- If you decide to apply for a job
- You submit your CV
- If the employer likes what he or she sees
- You will be invited to interview
- And if you pass the interview successfully
- You can expect to be offered employment.
And, How Can I Earn A Good Salary In My First Job?
Generally, the amount you earn from your first job may be affected by many factors, including your:
- Your experience
- The industry
- And the company for which you work.
And, to obtain a good salary in your first job, it is paramount to acquire skills that your employers desired. By getting skills such as:
- Or video-editing
- You will be able to increase your negotiation power when you are working out your salary for the job.
Also, a good way to begin earning a good income in your first-time job is to select multinational companies. And, to do this, you can follow them on the:
- Social media
- Or subscribe to their email alerts.
In other words, even if you do not earn a lot of money in your first-time job, you should also understand that you will soon be in a better position in no distant time. Meanwhile, use this opportunity to acquire and learn new skills that will assure you a better job.
Is Writing A Cover Letter Necessary When Applying For A Job?
A lot of job-seekers are prudent about writing a cover letter for a job ad, mainly because they do not want to fritter away time writing letters for jobs, and they have no basic interest in applying. Also, if I may ask this question, Is it worth applying for a job you are not excited about?
Generally, it is important to submit a cover letter, as well as an application when searching for a job. This is because a cover letter illustrates attentiveness and reputability.